The Easy Camp Tempest 500 is a great tent for quick weekend family camping. We give it a quick test.
The Tempest 500 is quick to pitch with its inflation technology, small enough to throw in the boot of your car, yet enough living space for essentials.
Inflation is easy, with just three tubes to pump up, and it comes with a hand pump (if you’d rather not pump, then click here to see an electric tent pump).
The Tempest 500 also boasts some features often found on larger more expensive tents such as separate cable entry and a fold down groundsheet on the main door. For anyone who has tripped over the groundsheet when entering or leaving your tent (and who hasn’t?) then this little feature will be a welcome addition.
Inside the tent, there’s a main living area, which is big enough for some storage cupboards and a small table, and the bedroom areas.
Technically there are two bedrooms, though it’s just a divider between the two bedrooms that can be easily unclipped if you’d rather have one big bedroom.
The bedroom divider splits the bedroom into a three-person and a two-person.
Full specs can be found on the Easy Camp website.
We took the Easy Camp Tempest 500 for a quick weekend camp, and just as expected, the tent performed really well and was really fast to pitch and take down.
- The Tempest 500 is a quick-to-pitch inflatable tent that's ideal for those camping weekends.
- A great price for an air framed tent.
- Easy to manage and throw in the boot of your car.
- Fold flat entrance to avoid tripping (it's surprising how many tents don't have this).
- There's no bug mesh on the door, but there are plenty of other features.
Price Guide: Easy Camp Tempest 500 Tent
Specification: Easy Camp Tempest 500 Tent