We’ve just learnt that Get Out With The Kids is up for a GO Outdoors award! Please click here and vote for us 🙂Click here to reply to this newsletter
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
Don't like taking the kids out when it's cold? Try the 8k Flexwarm heated jacket!
Do you also feel the cold on those winter hikes? I do. Fortunately, I got to test out this 8K Flexwarm heated jacket! 🙂
Overall review score: 8.9 out of 10 How do you rate this?
Paddleboarding Tips for Parents: 7 ways to Safeguard Your Children
Stand-up Paddleboarding is excellent family fun. Jason Paul, a paddleboarding expert, provides safety tips to keep your kids safe when using a SUP.
Callander Woods Holiday Park
Callander Woods holiday park is right at the Eastern Approach to the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.
The Ashbourne Campsite (which is a little outside of Ashbourne) is a great base for exploring nearby places, such as the Tissington Trail or Carsington Water.
From the campsite's website: If you‚Äôre planning a camping holiday in the Peak District, our Club Site near Ashbourne is the perfect base from which to explore the area. Known…
Long Acres camping and caravan park
Long Acres Caravan and Camping Park has a luxury shower block and is also a great place for visiting the home of Winnie the Pooh (Ashdown Forest), as well as Hever Castle, Lingfield Racecourse, and Wakehurst Place.
How to make sure your kids get the most Vitamin D: Diet + Getting Outside
Vitamin D is essential for our kids' growth. Dr. Mitravinda Savanur tells us how with the balance of the right diet and getting outside.
Circular Walk around Carsington Water
This is a circular walk, about 13.5km, around Carsington Water in Derbyshire, not far from Ashbourne.
5 Tips On What Bow To Get Your Child
Does your child want to get into archery? Not sure what bow to buy them? Father and archery expert Adam Jones provides 5 tips to help you choose the right bow for your child.
A big shout-out out to all the new active familes who recently joined.
If you are a Club Member, remember to log in first before replying so that you earn more Active Family Points. If you want to ask the community of parents something, simply post a question in the Club House.
Latest chat on "Tent Fabrics – Which is Best?"Join the chat!
- Emile Reemer says "Thanks For Sharing" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Robens Mescalero Family Tipi Tent"Join the chat!
- Nelson says "Hei Gav.. We are a family of 5. Which kind os stove are you using on the mescalero? Will ll…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Yes, the Robens Denali will be ideal to heat the tent." Read more and reply
Latest chat on "A Guide to the UK’s Most Family Friendly Autumn Walks"Join the chat!
- Melanie Chadd says "Ahhhhh some great ideas here. Some of my favourite walks in Scotland are coastal and woodland. Absolute magic." Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Water to Go Filtration System Review"Join the chat!
- Felice Saleha says "I have a 1500 gallon storage tank and would like some input on filtration as the water in the storage…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Hi Felice, Unfortunately, I can’t help you there. This article is for a water bottle with built-in filtration for when…" Read more and reply