Just a quick newsletter before we head out the door for another weekend of activities! ?
We’ve missed the sun during the working week, and now it’s overcast. Oh well! It’s not all bad, as doing a bit of bike packing today, so don’t want it too hot anyway ?
A Big Hello to all the new members! Welcome aboard!
This week’s newsletter, we’ve got a lot of camping gear reviews. It’s camping season! ??
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
DEO for hiking boots and shoes
A handy spray to remove any smells from your hiking and walking boots or shoes.
The Outwell Power Peg
The Outwell Power Peg is a heavy duty ground anchor.
Big Summer Prizedraw: A Coleman MacKenzie 6 Family Tent PLUS Camping & Caravanning Club Membership
Enter our Big Summer #Prizedraw for a chance to win a Coleman MacKenzie 6 Family tent plus a year's membership to the Camping and Caravanning Club. (UK Residents Only)
Coleman MacKenzie 6 Family 'BlackOut' Tent
A six-person family tent with two double bedrooms, all of which are blacked out for a good night's sleep.
Note: 1-year Camping and Caravanning Club Membership when you buy this tent from selected retailers.
Overall review score: 8.8 out of 10 How do you rate this?
5 Tips for Camping with Teenagers
Camping with kids is pretty simple. They find insect hunting, tents, and ghost stories with mom and dad oh-so-exciting! But, camping with teens can sometimes be more difficult. These 5 tips will make camping with teenagers much easier and more enjoyable.
Outwell Dreamboat 7.5 cm
A very comfortable self-inflating mat that's insulated too.
Overall review score: 9.5 out of 10 How do you rate this?
My Midsummer Morning by Alastair Humphreys
This not only covers Al's amazing busking trek across Spain but also a biography with a brutally honest account of balancing family life with undertaking adventures.
A big shout-out out to all the new active families who recently joined.
If you are a Club Member, remember to log in first before replying so that you earn more Active Family Points. If you want to ask the community of parents something, simply post a question in the Club House.Mary Maddison posted an update in the group Camping
- Hi everyone, just joined! Got an Outwell Montana 6 (a few years old now) and I have to say it's…
- Gav Grayston replied: Hi Mary, I've thought about doing a van conversion too! I won't have the time to do it, unfortunately. Is…
- New competition: enter for a chance to win a tent and a year's membership of the Camping and Caravanning Club!…
Latest chat on "How to extend your tent when your tent’s extension is discontinued"Join the chat!
- Alison Rowley says "Hi there - i recently bought the Vango Casa and asked if they do a side awning or one that…" Read more and reply
- carole furness says "I have a Vango orchy 500 they do not make front or side extensions anymore can you suggest any thing…" Read more and reply
- John Devereux says "Wow didn’t realise so many people were in the same boat.. seems there is a gap in the market for…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Choosing a gas cylinder for camping – Which one is best?"Join the chat!
- Colin says "Very useful. Thanks" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Why you should do a family road trip – at least once"Join the chat!
- Woj says "Hello, Great guide/advice which inspired me/family to travel for the first time to USA. We did NY this year but…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "That’s great! I hope you guys have an excellent adventure" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Big Summer Prizedraw: A Coleman MacKenzie 6 Family Tent PLUS Camping & Caravanning Club Membership"Join the chat!
- Andy Nicholson says "All good" Read more and reply
- Holley Robinson says "Nice one!" Read more and reply