Outwell Outtex® Airtech
The Outtex® Airtech is a polycotton tent fabric. This is a mix of polyester and fabric, providing you with the benefits of both classic canvas and modern technologies.
This is a breathable material, which gets more water-resistant the wetter it gets. It is also treated with both a water-repellant and UPF50+ coating.
Being polycotton has the following advantages over normal polyester tents:
- Warmer than polyester when the weather gets cold. It will retain more heat inside your tent.
- Cooler than polyester when the weather gets hot. Polyester tents soon get very hot. Your Polycotton tent will stay cooler.
- Quieter. Less noise from the campsite to disturb a great night’s sleep.
To get your tent ready for camping, you will need to “weather it”.
The naturally breathable fabric has small airholes. These seal up when the fabric gets wet, and then dry in their new position.
The Outtex Airtech has a water-repellent coating, but to make extra sure your tent is ready for the campsite, pitch it at home and wet it with the hose and then dry out a few times.
Showing the single result
- Outwell Outtex Airtech polycotton tent material.
- Darkened and larger tent bedrooms.
- Large and flexible living space.
- Multiple cable entries.
- Optional groundsheet for porch area.
- Quick and Quiet inner doors.
- Tinted windows with zip-up blinds.
- Bulky and heavy when packed.