2-Season items are ideal from Late Spring through to early Autumn. For most UK family campers, a 2 Season bag is adequate (along with some other measures to keeping warm in the cooler months).
You would not want the temperature to get close to zero.
If your family only camps in Summer, and perhaps a late Easter, then a 2 Season Bag is usually sufficient. However, if someone feels the cold at night, invest in a 3-Season sleeping bag.
Showing all 12 results
- A very warm sleeping bag.
- It packs down well and lofts out when unpacked.
- Comfortable; it's a mummy bag but with plenty of room.
- Extra pull-cords and baffles to help keep your body heat in.
- Not using down.
- Looks well made.
- A bit more pricey than most family camping bags, which is to be expected for high-end technical camping gear.
- Packs Small
- Good 2-season temperature range
- Very expensive, as you would expect from a technical bag like this.
- A comfortable sleeping bag, ideal for fair-weather camping and cooler nights.
- Rectangular with built-in head support.
- A good zipping mechanism that doesn't snag.
- Packs down to a reasonable size and comes with a good bag.
- Headrest only offers limited support.
- If you need to swap temperature rating in the middle of the night, you probably won't bother re-attaching the pillow in the dark.
- RRP is a little higher than some other 2-3 season bags, but not if you shop around.
- Small and lightweight summer bag
- Not bad price for this sort of sleeping bag
- Legroom is tight, which is to be expected on a smaller bag
- These sleeping bags are comfortable, do the job, and come in both adult and child sizes.
- These are only 2-Season, but that's OK if you only go camping through the summer.
- A flexible sleeping bag with a luxury feel.
- A bit more expensive than some sleeping bags.
- The Outwell Deepsleep double is a great self-inflating mat for family camping. And now even easier to use with the new Outwell Air Flow Control Valve.
- Of course, it's a lot more expensive than an air bed, but we think you'll have a better night's sleep with one of these.
- The Vango Starwalker Dragon is a really fun child sleeping bag for family summer camping.
- Re-attaching the bottom section can be a bit fiddly. Summer use only.
- A good sleeping bag in its own right, plus the ability to arms and legs free makes this a really useful item.
- Re-attaching the bottom of the bag was a bit fiddly, but we found that you didn't always need to remove the bottom.
- The Outwell Convertible Junior Sleeping Bag will save you money: you won't have to buy another sleeping bag in a few years when your child grows.
- We've not found any bad points.
- This sleeping bag from Coleman adds a bit of fun to nighttime when camping.
- As with most kids sleeping bags, it is only 2 season. Ideal for UK summer camping but add some extra insulation if camping earlier in Spring or later in Autumn.
- Packs down to quite a small size.
- Good for summer camping.
- Not as luxurious or warm as some sleeping bags, but if you are after an affordable summer bag that lasts, this ticks the box.