The Vango Padstow 500 is a great family tent for a spot of weekend camping. We recommend that this tent is ideal for a family of four.
The Vango Padstow 500, the great weekend tent for a family of four, is back but has changed colour from the green of the previous years to the new blue colour.
There are a few things I really like about this tent:
- With a pack size of just 70 x 33 cm, and weighing just over 17kg, it’s easy enough to put in the boot of your car for a quick family camping trip when the weather forecast is good for the weekend.
- The front porch makes a great rain-safe entrance to your tent and a great place to leave wet and muddy shoes. Plus, if you pitch it facing the right way, it can be a good spot to sit, sheltered from any cold breeze.
- Despite not being a large tent, there are still two bedrooms and a living area, which has plenty of space for bags and bits you need for just a weekend’s camp.
- Vango claims it takes just 18 minutes to put up. With just four polled sections, I agree that this tent should quick and easy to pitch.
- It’s really good value for money, especially if you shop around, and it still comes with a 4000mm hydrostatic head.
Although this is officially a five-person tent, I think it is more practical for a family of four.
- Great family layout.
- Has a porch with a rain-safe layout.
- Not too big and heavy when packed, making it a great tent for a spot of family weekend camping.
Specification: Vango Padstow 500
|Recommended Tent Use|
L70.0 x H33.0 x W33.0 cm
Where to Buy: Vango Padstow 500