The Outwell Montana 6PE is a classic Outwell tent that sleeps 6 people in two bedrooms.
The ‘Montana’, affectionally called ‘the Monty‘ by Outwell owners, has been a popular tent in Outwell’s collection for many years. This year, it’s back in the range and has evolved into the Outwell Montana PE tent.
The tent layout is a classic Monty, with 2 three-person bedrooms at the back, a large living space, a sheltered porch, and an enclosed side entrance.
Although this can sleep six adults, we think the tent is ideal for a family of two adults and two or three kids.
The bedrooms are the Outwell Ambassador Master Bedrooms, which are larger than standard tent bedrooms, have the Outwell Dark Inners, and the excellent Outwell Quick and Quiet inner doors.
You can also remove the divider between the bedrooms if you’d rather all be in one large bedroom.
The Living Space
The living space inside this tent is very generous.
Not only does it have the main tent door, but there are also two side doors (one enclosed – see next), and cable entry on both sides of the tent, making electric hook-up and your tent layout more flexible.
For flexible lighting, you can use the Outwell HookTrack system.
The Enclosed Side Door
It’s worth pointing out this enclosed side door as I know many campers use this as a place to keep a camping toilet.
However, if you don’t use it as a toilet, it makes a great place to get in and out of the tent in the rain. If you are using it as a wet-weather door, I recommend you don’t put down the groundsheet in this part of the tent so that wet coats and muddy shoes can be kept inside this porch without water pooling.
As you can see from the photos, the Outwell Montana PE isn’t an inflatable tent, but a poled tent.
It comes with a set of steel poles that simply slide into the sleeves on the tent and clip together.
The poles and flysheet come in separate bags, which makes it easier to lift in and out of your car. However, don’t forget and leave one of the bags at home 😉
You can have a quick look at this tent in the video below at 0:27 seconds.
- Good layout with plenty of living space.
- Front porch for additional shelter.
- Useful enclosed side door.
- Flexible opening doors with bug mesh.
- Larger bedrooms, darkened, and with Quick and Quiet door.
- Large vents for better airflow when the weather is hot.
- Outtex 6000 Pro tent material with a whopping 6000 mm hydrostatic head.
- Steel tent poles.
- Tinted windows.
- A really good price for the features and level of specification.
- Steel poles can be heavy. The tent comes in two bags to make that easier, but check you have transport space for both bags and don't leave one of the bags behind when you go to the campsite ;-)
Price Guide: Outwell Montana 6PE
Specification: Outwell Montana 6PE
|Tent Living Space|
|Tent Pitching and Storage|