The Outwell Jacksondale 5PA is a great size tent that is ideal for camping holidays for a family of four.
The Outwell Jacksondale 5PA is a great family holiday tent for a family of four. <br/>Yes, it's an expensive tent, but it is packed full of great features.
Our Score: 9.3/10
- Great layout for family holidays. The front area of the tent is excellent as a wet/dry zone.
- Large windows to let in plenty of light that are tinted for additional privacy.
- Each window has toggle-up blinds. The blinds can be toggled halfway up, providing a further privacy barrier.
- You can roll the front door back to create a sheltered porch.
- The door between the front and living areas uses the excellent Quick & Quiet mechanism and includes a bug mesh.
- Two additional side doors can be open but sealed with bug mesh, which helps keep the tent cooler when the weather is hot.
- One side door has a porch to be used as an alternative rain-safe entrance.
- There's a zipped cable entry on both sides of the tent, making it easier to hook up the electricity.
- Both bedrooms have a cable entry point. Ideal for powered lanterns or charging your phone at night.
- There's cable entry from the living space into the front zone. Useful for powered lanterns there.
- The tent can use the HookTrack system (additional accessory) to help position lights exactly where you want them and even hang up a movie screen :-)
- Bedrooms are longer than standard at 215 cm long. The main bedroom has a Quick & Quiet door.
- There are storage pockets in each of the three tent zones.
- The tent material is fire-proof and has a 4000 mm hydrostatic head with taped seams. It is also treated to UPF30+ to help protect its occupants from harmful UV.
- The tent includes guy line storage, which is extremely helpful for the next time you get the tent out.
- When pitched correctly using the storm straps, the tent is rated to wind force 9, which is a strong gale!
- Tent pump with pressure gauge included.
- Optional fitted carpet accessory (highly recommended) and footprint to help protect the underside and position the tent.
The not so good
- Tent bags for inflatable tents tend to be larger and heavier than poled tents, as you can always separate the poles into a separate bag for poled tents. So make sure you have room to store and transport the 100 x 45 x 45 bag (which may be larger after you pack the tent away for the first time). At 33.4kg, you'll want at least two people to lift it to avoid injury.
Outwell Jacksondale 5PA has a recommended retail price of £1609.99.
Outwell Jacksondale 5PA Videos
Outwell Jacksondale 5PA Photos
With three different zones spanning the front porch, living, and sleeping area, the Outwell Jacksondale 5PA will provide your family with plenty of space for your camping holiday.
See it in our video at 9:35.
The Outwell Jacksondale 5PA is packed full of features.
While the Outwell Avondale 6PA provides more bedroom space, the Outwell Jacksondale 5PA has some additional features, such as cable entry on both sides and into both bedrooms. It is a longer tent, too, with the front of the tent can act as a porch or extended living space.
If you prefer to use the front area of the tent to make one ample living space, you still have a rain-safe entrance as one of the side doors also has a porch.
One thing we found useful is the Quick and Quiet door between the living area of the tent and the front porch zone. We would often have the tent's front door open and rolled back, converting this tent layout into having a sheltered front porch. On warm days, we would roll back the windows on that door, leaving the bug mesh in place. Using the Quick and Quiet doors makes it easy to go in and out of the tent, and the door would self-close the bug mesh behind you. :-)
The bedrooms are separated with a zip-up divider. You can easily remove this to make one large family room, which we sometimes do.
The back of the tent doesn't slope as much as some brands, and you can fit in camp beds along with the longer-than-standard bedrooms. Though when doing so, the tent will be able to sleep fewer people as camp beds tend to be wider than most sleeping mats.
Pitching the Tent
This is an inflatable tent.
Pitching instructions are on the inside of the tent bag. You peg out the tent corners and then inflate each of the five air tubes to the required pressure. Outwell supplies their excellent Cyclone pump, which comes with a pressure gauge.
There is only one tent pole, and that's for the side porch.
The tent does weigh 33.4 kg and has a large pack size of 100 cm long and 45 cm round. This will require 2 adults to pitch by helping get the tent unrolled and in position.
It's generally much easier to inflate air tubes than insert tent poles, so you won't necessarily need two people all the time, which is useful if you have young kids to supervise.
|Attribute||Outwell Jacksondale 5PA|
|Product Info||Brand Web Page|