We give the Kozi Kidz Smidig Gilet a test now that we’re heading into Autumn.
As I write this we’re just going from September to October.
We’ve been lucky with the weather, with some warm sunny days. However, the cooler air of Autumn is starting to make itself known.
Not quite ready for winter coats yet!
The last thing any parent want’s to do though at this time of year is get the Winter coats out. Not just yet.
Why? Well, as soon as the day warms up, your kids will most likely get too hot. So, off comes their coat, and if it doesn’t get left somewhere, you’ll end up having to carry it.
Make it easier on yourself
‘Gilets’ – or ‘Bodywarmers’ as they were called when I was a kid…but ‘Gilet’ sounds a lot nicer 😉 are perfect for this time of year.
They provide that extra insulation to your child’s core, yet arms are still free for plenty of outdoor activities.
You’ll find they won’t overheat too quickly, unlike a winter coat at this time of year, so you can avoid becoming the winter coat pack horse when you take your kids out.
avoid becoming the winter coat pack horse when you take your kids out
Kozi Kidz Smidig Gilet Review
If you’ve been following this website for a while, you’ll know we’re a fan of the Kozi Kidz products.
They’re good quality, practical, and well designed. Proper outdoor clothes for little people.
New this Autumn is the Kozi Kidz Smidig Gilet, and the guys over at Kozi Kidz sent it over for some GOWTK testing.
As you would expect from Kozi Kidz, this is a well-made product.
As you would expect from Kozi Kidz, this is a well-made product
Some things we like about it:
- Lightweight insulation with ‘baffles’ to keep it in place.
- Good zips. No snagging here. Also, when the zipped all the way up, the zip goes into a little pocket so it won’t irritate your child’s chin.
- Handy little pockets. Our youngest has already started collecting fallen acorns and conkers!
- Built-in reflectors. Essential as the nights start drawing in.
- Name label with mobile phone number. Ideal for school too 😉
- It’s machine washable as well.
- Available in different sizes and colours.
And another really good feature is that it’s packable.
It simply scrunches up into its own carry sack. So if you do become the coat packhorse, you can slip this into your rucksack nice and easily.
you can slip this into your rucksack nice and easily
It gets the Thumbs Up
Visit the high street and you can find lots of Gilets that will fit your kids. However, the Smidig Gilet from Kozi Kidz is very good and designed for the outdoors, not just the high street.
So if you’re going to get one for your kids, I encourage you to check out the Smidig.
It gets the thumbs up from us.
Disclaimer: We’d like to thank Kozi Kidz for sending us a sample to review. All opinions are our own.
- A great mid-layer or outer layer when not as cold.
- Folds up to keep in your bag until needed.