If you are on a tighter budget, only have one or two kids, and want to get away camping at the weekends, the Coleman Aspen 4 is well worth considering.
While it might not have quite as many features as some other tents in the Coleman range, it does come with features not normally found in this price bracket, such as a 4000 mm hydrostatic head, no trip entrance, and a wind test rating of seven on the Beaufort Scale.
Take a look around
Use the 3D viewer to take a closer look at the Coleman Aspen 4.
There are two double bedrooms at the rear of the tent. These bedrooms have a removable divider so you can create one large family room if you prefer.
Both of the bedrooms are darkened to help you and your family sleep better at night and when the sun rises early.
Note: although these bedrooms are darkened, they aren’t as dark as tents with Coleman BlackOut technology. Look at the Coleman Meadowood 4 BlackOut for that feature.
Tent Living Space
The living space of the Coleman Aspen 4 is a good enough size for weekend camping.
The groundsheet at the entrance on the main door lays flat, and you also have an additional side door.
Pitching the Tent
The tent uses flexible tent poles that simply slot together.
Each tent pole is colour coded. You simply insert each pole into a sleeve on the tent that matches the tent pole’s colour code.
Watch Coleman’s video below on how to pitch the tent.
In addition, the tent only weighs just over 15kg when packed, and has a small pack size of just 66x30x28 cm, and so it’s going to be easy to store and easy to fit in your car’s boot.
- Lay-flat no-trip groundsheet at the large tent door so you don't trip going into the tent.
- 4000 mm hydrostatic head. Most tents in this price bracket only have 3000mm.
- Small shelter on the front of the tent makes it easier to get in and out of the tent if the weather isn't as good.
- Darkened bedrooms for a better night's sleep.
- Ideal for weekend camping. If you want to stay longer, such as several nights for a family holiday, we recommend looking at the slightly larger Coleman Aspen 4L.
- If you want features like mesh to keep the bugs out, look at the Coleman Meadowood 4.
Price Guide: Coleman Aspen 4 Tent
Specification: Coleman Aspen 4 Tent
|Tent Living Space|
|Tent Pitching and Storage|