On this page you can find lots of links to resources we’ve found helpful and you may find useful for your family activities and adventures.
You may want to book mark this page to make it easy to find these links again in the future.
Activities and Things To Do
Find places to get the kids out on a Walk
Getting out for a walk is one of the easiest activities you can do….and it’s good for your entire family 😀
- Walks on GOWTK
- iFootpath – You can search for walks near you. It has an app that works on your phone.
- National Trust Walks – Search for walks at National Trust locations and walks submitted by the public. (Don’t forget you can save with National Trust Family Membership if you plan on visiting a handful of NT locations in a year).
- Woodland Walks in England
- Woodland Walks in Wales
- Woodland Walks in Scotland
- Walk 4 Life
- The Ramblers – Tip: Expand ‘Suitability’ on the right of the map and select ‘Child-Friendly’. To view details of short routes just register for free. You must be a paid member to view details of longer routes.
Find places for Family Cycling
There are many child-friendly traffic-free cycle routes up and down the country. Here are a few places you can use to find a route.
Find places to Canoe and get the kids on the Water
There’s nothing quite like messing about in boats.
Find Campsites for your Family Camping Adventure
Going camping can be an adventure in its self for young children. It is also a way to get away and explore different parts of the country without costing a fortune.
You don’t have to just eat burnt burgers or bangers and beans when camping. There’s a whole lot of meals you can cook for your family. You can get the kids involved too.
Try to find days out further afield and combine with camping to create short weekend breaks with the kids throughout the year.
- Search our Map
- Click here for events by the National Trust (Don’t forget you can save with National Trust Family Membership if you plan on visiting a handful of NT locations in a year). Click here to read our National Trust topics.
- Click here for events at English Heritage (With membership for English Heritage the kids go free so you only need to get the adult membership).
- Click here for Cadw events in Wales
- Click here to find events at Historic Scotland
- Go Ape – See our Family Guide to Go Ape, including our Tree Top Juniors review.
- Search for Walks organised by the Ramblers
Short Breaks & Places to Stay
We don’t always stay in a tent! Here are some good places for booking a stay for a family short break.
- Legoland Windsor Holidays – Legoland is a great theme park for kids, especially younger kids. Make a weekend break of it to get the most out of visiting. There are lots of good hotels nearby, as well as the Legoland Hotel. See our review and click here for some hotels near Legoland.
- Chessington Holidays – Stay the on-park hotel and have an entire weekend there. See our review.
- Sykes Cottages – We’ve had some great cottages from Sykes. Highly recommended. Click here to see one the cottages we hired
- Youth Hostel Association – They have family rooms at some stunning locations. Click here to see one we stayed at.
- Haven Holidays – Somewhere we took the kids to quite often for short breaks.
Discounts and Offers
Be in the know!
Join thousands of other parents and receive our regular newsletter containing a round up of the latest articles, days out, campsites, and reviews for helping you get your family outside and active.