To The Top
Take Care!For some summits, the precise location cannot be reached. You can still bag the summit by getting as close as safe and legally possible. Always remember to take into account weather conditions and the abilities of your family.
This is the summit of Helvellyn, which is part of the Lake District 3 Peaks Hiking Challenge.
Here are some walking routes up to Helvellyn.
Helvellyn Walking Routes
Here you can find a collection of routes up Helvellyn on Mud and Routes. Including, GPS routes you can download.
- Helvellyn via Striding Edge
- Helvellyn via Catstye Cam and Swirral Edge
- Helvellyn from Wythburn
- Helvellyn from Thirlmere
- Helvellyn via the Pony Path and Keppel cove
- Helvellyn via Sticks Pass from Glenridding
- Helvellyn via Grisedale Tarn and Dollywagon Pike from Patterdale
Helvellyn via Striding Edge
You can watch a video from Julia Bradbury from the Outdoor Guide. Click here to view the route.
Striding Ridge Route Map
Facilities DetailsCarparking can be found at Swirls Car park, Keswick CA12 4TW.
On The Map
OS Grid Reference: NY 34254 15105
AddressHelvellyn (Summit Hiking Challenge)