Wensleydale Camping at Aysgarth Falls offers you the unique opportunity to truly get back to nature in beautiful 30-acre woodland and open nature reserve St Joseph’s Wood is at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Just minutes away from the famous Aysgarth Falls 3-tier Waterfalls within peaceful clearings, you are able to relax and enjoy the freedom of fresh air and open spaces in this rare back to nature experience. A highly accessible location only close to the main footpath route at Aysgarth Falls. Overlook panoramic views of Wensleydale and Penhill heights.
Freely wander through the trees to gather firewood, build your own open fire and BBQ. Why not have a sing-a-long around the campfire toasting marshmallows and sharing campfire tales? No ‘lights-out’ means you can enjoy the outdoor camping experience long into the night – or stay up and explore with a night-time treasure hunt. Children are free to use their imagination to enjoy woodland adventures such as hide and seek, shelter making, treasure hunt, making bows and arrows or where ever their imagination takes them!
The woodland is full of native fauna and wildlife including wild deer so keep your eyes peeled for them grazing under the trees!
Perfect for families or family groups. Very popular for themed parties, birthdays, sleepovers, family reunions and get-togethers, pre-wedding celebrations and outdoor activity holidays.
• Private 30 acre woodland with stunning views
• Next to Aysgarth Falls Water Falls
• Family-friendly; Children of all ages welcome
• Open fires
• Ball games
• No ‘Lights-Out’
• Music / Instruments
• Cold mains water drinking tap
• Mobile networks (all major) provide minimum 2G coverage
• Familiarisation visits welcome
• Open all year round
• The Aysgarth Falls Hotel, Aysgarth (Public House)
• The Wheatsheaf, Carperby (Public House)
• The George & Dragon, Aysgarth (Public House)
• Aysgarth Garage, Aysgarth (Fuel Station, Garage, Shop and Off License)
• Village Shop, West Burton
• Doctors Surgery, Aysgarth