Dover Castle has been protecting this corner of England for over nine centuries. It's also been voted one of English Heritage's Top Ten Family Attractions.
While you are there you can visit:
- The Great Tower, where you step back to medieval times
- The Underground Hospital from WW2
- Operation Dynamo, the Dunkirk rescue of 1940
- A WW1 Fire Command Post
- A lighthouse from the Roman times
- A church from the Anglo-Saxon times
- Medieval Tunnels that run under the castle
Facilities DetailsDogs on leads are welcome in the grounds only. Assistance dogs welcome across the site.
Accessibility InfoClick this link to view their Accessibility Details
Typical Family Range: £35 - £50
There is a family entrance ticket that covers two adults and three children.
On The Map
The entrance is on Castle Hill Road (the A258). We recommend travelling via the A2 towards Dover. Use the postcode CT16 1HU in your sat nav.
If you are travelling via Train, the nearest station is Dover Priory, which is about 1 mile away from Dover Castle.