It’s great to see so many new families sign-up to Get Out With The Kids. A big “Hello” to you all!
Sorry for not sending out a newsletter over the past few weeks. We’ve been off and about making the most of the school holidays, and so I’ve not had time to send one.
Wasn’t it great weather last weekend? We had a fantastic time camping at Rhandirmwyn campsite (details below!)
Where have you been?
A couple of weeks ago, a couple of spammers signed up and started sending messages to everyone. Sorry about that. We’ve taken some further steps to try and keep the spammers out of our community. For now, I’ve had to disable the private messaging until we can put further measures in place to keep these people out.
Click here to reply to this newsletter
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
Rhandirmwyn is a Camping and Caravanning Club campsite, just outside the Brecon Beacons National Park. The site is nestled in a valley alongside the River Towy. The campsite is flat…
RSPB Gwenffrwd-Dinas Circular Walk
This is a circular walk around the RSPB Gwenffrwd-Dinas Nature Reserve. There are no facilities at this location; just a small car park and a footpath. Along the circular walk,…
Outwell Nain Low Table - A useful little table for camping
A handy little table for camping.
Overall review score: 9.7 out of 10 How do you rate this?
A big shout-out out to all the new active familes who recently joined.
If you are a Club Member, remember to log in first before replying so that you earn more Active Family Points. If you want to ask the community of parents something, simply post a question in the Club House.Abd'ur-Rahman Stevens posted an update in the group Camping
- Just bought myself a Zempire Aero TXL Pro after days of deliberation and coming to terms with jargon - our…
- Gav Grayston replied: Nice tent. You shouldn't have any problems with the polyester fabric. Polycotton tents are very nice but can be very…
Latest chat on "Go Ape: The Family Guide – What you need to know for Tree Top Fun"Join the chat!
- Susanne Walsh says "How old do kids have to be to go alone ?" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "For the full tree top adventure, I believe you need to be 18 years or older to do it on…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Campingaz 400 ST Review – A wind resistant stove?"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "Hi Ernie - You can see the regulators you need here https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/camping/camping-tips/fitting-regulator-gas-cylinder/" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Fitting a Regulator to your Gas Cylinder"Join the chat!
- Raymond Sharp says "Hi Gav many thanks for your brilliant article on gas cylinders n regulators. I have a 907 cylinder and have…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "It’s the orange one." Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Transporting Gas Cylinders to the Campsite"Join the chat!
- Riskpulse says "thanks for the information" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "How to make clothes waterproof with the Fjällräven Greenland Wax"Join the chat!
- RMutt says "As a greener alternative made locally, might I suggest Fortis Phase 1 and 2 trousers as well. They take a…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Outwell Vigor 3 – 2019 Update – Hands on Review"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "We've not used it enough to know it would last 2 weeks of wind and rain, though I don't see…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "The Big Camping Mat Comparison: Thermarest v Vango v Outwell"Join the chat!
- Kasper says "Between the Outwell Dreamland, Wonderland and Dreamboat, which one your you choose? First priority is comfort. We are looking at…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "For me, I prefer the dreamboat over the air beds for two reasons. 1 - they don’t bounce around as…" Read more and reply
- Kasper says "Thank you. I was hoping that the memory foam would eliminate the bouncing and help isolate." Read more and reply