After a few months of early mornings and working late in the night, we’ve got our new family challenge ready: The Local 3 Peaks Hiking Challenge.
This was an idea that Shell came up with as there was no way we could get the family around the country to do the National Three Peaks Challenge. Instead, let’s do a local one.
After a little bit of research, we set off and did the Shropshire Local 3 Peaks Challenge. This was great fun, even though the weather threw us an added challenge!
We had decided to research different areas to help other families give it a try. It turned out to be quite a lot of work, but we now have 207 separate local three peaks hiking challenges across England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
So the challenge is simple:
- Click this here to find a local set of 3 peaks in the challenge.
- Plan your route. (I have made a video that shows you how to plan your route).
- Complete the challenge within 24 hours (or over a weekend).
If you are a Club Member, you can log your challenge results and get your family in the Hall of Fame.Click here to reply to this newsletter
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
7 Simple Tips to get Your Kids Outdoors and Active
Here are 7 top tips from Paul 'Father Fitness' on helping get your kids outside and active.
Have you ever considered a roof top tent?
I've always been curious about roof top tents but know little about them. So, in this post, I take a closer look at the pros and cons and family use.
Chatsworth Family Ticket Competition
Like, Share, or Comment on our Facebook post before Monday 3rd April for a chance of winning a family ticket to Chatsworth House.
2 Fantastic Daysacks for Getting Out With Your Kids
Osprey has updated their Talon and Tempest daysacks. We take them on some adventures to put them to the test.
How to make clothes waterproof with the Fjällräven Greenland Wax
I try making my outdoor trousers wind and waterproof with the Fjällräven Greenland Wax and the results speak for themselves.
FROM AROUND THE WEB
Here are a few interesting things we found from around the web.
Grilled Sausage and Vegetables in Foil Packet – Ideal for camping?
1 tablespoon olive oil Juice of 1 lemon 1 tablespoon minced garlic Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, to taste Black pepper, to taste 3 to 4 medium red potatoes 1 yellow, red, or orange bell pepper, chopped 1/2 sweet onion, chopped 1/2 carton grape tomatoes 5 large white mushrooms, quartered 1 large green onion, chopped 1 Smoked Sausage or Kielbasa link, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks 1 tablespoon butter, cut into tiny chunks
The seven wonders of the British springtime you must see before it’s too late
Following dismal winter rain and storms, spring is welcome every year when it finally breaks cover.
Tips for making your backpack lighter
Older, inflatable air mattresses are much heavier and especially bulkier than contemporary models—many of which actually fit inside your pack (instead of having to attach them to the outside) and don’t take up much space…
COMMUNITYA big shout-out out to the new Active Family club members
The evans Family
The Collin Family
The Grayston Family's Activity...
We took a circular hike around Inwood Valley.
Latest chat on "Sevylor Hudson Inflatable Kayak – Great for Families"Join in!
- MARTIN MCCANN says "Does anyone know where to get spray deck for 3 man sevlor hudson or will the wife need to get…" Read More
- Gav Grayston says "It's not the sort of canoe for a spray deck. Definitely a DIY job ;-)" Read More
Latest chat on "Coleman Da Gama 6 Family Tent"Join in!
- Cloda Ryan says "Hi, would you recommend this tent for the occasional trip away or is it more if staying somewhere for up…" Read More
- Gav Grayston says "Hi Cloda, My view is that it is OK for both. We’ve used it for both and so has my…" Read More
- Cloda Ryan says "Thanks for your reply. I ended up going. For the vango iris 600 in the end, hope I've made the…" Read More
- Gav Grayston says "That's a good tent too :-)" Read More
Latest chat on "Should you get a Trailer or Roof Box? Getting your gear to the campsite"Join in!
- Shelley says "I drive a mini cooper with two children. I've got a roof box now but my first camping trip was…" Read More
Latest chat on "Choosing a gas cylinder for camping – Which one is best?"Join in!
- Nick says "Thanks for the information here, got a 7kg butane bottle off eBay for £11.50 and £22 refill :)" Read More
Latest chat on "Extension Search"Join in!
- Gail birkin says "Hi I have a van go Maritsa 700 in blue , is there a front porch that would fit" Read More
Latest chat on "How to make clothes waterproof with the Fjällräven Greenland Wax"Join in!
- Julian says "Fjallraven gear is really first class. It's all very well designed and made. Being able to leave your gear unwaxed…" Read More
Latest chat on "Chatsworth Family Ticket Competition"Join in!
- Lesley Shackleton says "WOW what a lovely day out this would be. It's sometimes very difficult to find something that suits all the…" Read More