Well, this hasn’t been the August we were expecting, has it? Constant talk in the press of an August heatwave, but it turns out to be anything but.
We had planned on going camping this weekend, but where we are, it is constant rain the entire weekend. We’re not fair-weather-only campers, and have plenty of techniques for keeping dry in the wet, but there are times when the effort for one night isn’t worth it. And so, we called the trip off.
It’s not been a total loss for us this August, as we had a great trip to Devon and also to London, to visit the Tower and Tower Bridge. We hadn’t visited the Tower of London before and really enjoyed it, and it was great to see inside the iconic Tower Bridge.
I hope your August is going well?Click here to reply to this newsletter
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
Luxury Camping Chairs Comparison
We look at three luxury camping chairs from Outwell.
Trail Outdoor Leisure Hartland Tent
The Hartland 4, from Trail Outdoor Leisure, is a budget weekender tent that sleeps 4 in two separate bedroom pods.
Overall review score: 8.1 out of 10 How do you rate this?
A big shout-out out to all the new active families who recently joined.
If you are a Club Member, remember to log in first before replying so that you earn more Active Family Points. If you want to ask the community of parents something, simply post a question in the Club House.
Latest chat on "Using an Electric Hook Up (EHU) when Camping"Join the chat!
- Martin Korn says "Hi Debbie, hi all, some thoughts from an electrician's point of view. 'None of our individual ehu points blew' --…" Read more and reply
- Debbie Richens says "Thank you so much for detailed email! I’ll pass it on but I think he is now sorted! Many thanks…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Why are Outwell tents so highly rated?"Join the chat!
- Darren says "I have to disagree with some content of your article. I don’t agree that outwell are the leaders in family…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Outwell Dreamcatcher for a good night’s sleep"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "That's not our experience of using one a lot. Are you sure you're talking about the same product? Were you…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Travelling back home across Europe"Join the chat!
- Stephen Vaughan says "I loved the article Gav. Me and my family are driving to Georgia in a week. myself, my wife, our…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Wow! That sounds like quite an exciting journey. Have a great trip and enjoy your new life in Georgia." Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Vango Family Shelter – A huge tarp shelter for your tent"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "Sorry the link you used wasn't to the correct item. We've noticed some retailers, especially Amazon, swapping the links to…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "The Crossing Part 2: I did it!"Join the chat!
- Iain says "Well done. That made me tired just looking at those hills! ?" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Thanks Iain." Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Brown Clee – Shropshire 3 Peaks Hiking Challenge Completed by the Gibbins Family"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "Well done! Yes, that's quite a climb up that one." Read more and reply