We’ve not been out camping as much recently, and the reason is that I’ve been spending my weekends doing long training rides for the coast-to-coast Crossing, which starts on 23rd July! I’ll cross the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North Yorkshire Moors. Eeeek – not long to go now!
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
The Crossing Part 1: I must be mad!
This year I set my self a big challenge: completing the Crossing, a coast-to-coat mountain bike challenge.
Over the 2021 summer holidays, Worthy Farm - the home of the world-famous Glastonbury Festival - will become Worthy Pastures, a tranquil, family-friendly campsite which will welcome guests to get…
Regatta Malawi 2 Pop-up Tent
The Regatta Malawi 2 tent is a quick-pitching pop-up tent. Ideal as an additional tent for summertime camping.
Overall review score: 8.7 out of 10 How do you rate this?
A big shout-out out to all the new active families who recently joined.
If you are a Club Member, remember to log in first before replying so that you earn more Active Family Points. If you want to ask the community of parents something, simply post a question in the Club House.
Latest chat on "Should you get a Trailer or Roof Box? Getting your gear to the campsite"Join the chat!
- Tim Sunderland says "Hi does anyone know if the trailer friendly bike rack is still available? Thanks" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "The only one I could find is this one, which is not the same as the one I used." Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Creating a Camp Kitchen"Join the chat!
- Philip sherratt says "Hi there this is very informative site and thank you for taking the time to set this up, I have…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Generally yes, if the porch is open and well ventilated, and anyone in the tent had another door to escape…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "The Secret to Sleeping Bag Temperature Ratings"Join the chat!
- Kirsty Kelly says "Hi Really helpful info. We are taking our 3 year old camping in the uk this year for first time.…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Yes, when our youngest was small, we had one of those combined inflatable bags and beds. Great for warm summer,…" Read more and reply
- Kirsty Kelly says "Thanks so much, I’ve seen a Kampa bag which nowhere can I find a season or comfort rating? Should this…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "I can't comment on the sleeping bag. A lot more than just a fill amount goes into a bag's temperature's…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Dinas Camp Part 3 – More hiking, Portmeirion and Putting the Tent Away"Join the chat!
- Mark Jones says "Hi Gav, Your YouTube vids are played embedded in the browser Im not sure why it doesn't open the yt…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Thanks, Mark. Yeah, Youtube is a bit of a mystery. I think you have to subscribe and click a bell…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Camping Holiday (Continued) and another Prize Draw"Join the chat!
- Gillian Cinar says "Hi! Really enjoying watching your videos and reviews!! Thank you!! Just a quick question? Would you recommend tent specific carpets?…" Read more and reply
- Gav Grayston says "Thanks, Gillian! Yes, if your budget is tight, then, of course, picnic carpets are cheaper but get the insulated ones…" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "The Bug Hotel Challenge Completed by the Cresswell Family"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "Awww. That looks awesome. I'm sure the bugs will be very happy in there. :-D" Read more and reply
Latest chat on "Spring Camping Completed by the Cresswell Family"Join the chat!
- Gav Grayston says "Well done guys :-D" Read more and reply