Well, so far, our June has been a washout here in GOWTK HQ. If, like us, the weather has been more than a bit damp, here are a few posts to whet your appetite for family travel and adventure in warmer and dryer locations.
A few weeks back in the May school half-term, we went over to Lake Annecy in France. This is a stunningly beautiful location, and there are lots to see and do. Read our posts below or watch our video on YouTube.
If you’d like to think about travelling further afield, how about hiring an RV and travelling across the US? We have an article on how you might go about that too!
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
Col de la Forclaz
Col de la Forclaz is a small Alpine village that overlooks Lake Annecy. It's well worth the drive up the winding mountain roads to take in the view.
Doussard to Annecy - Tour de Lac cycle route
Along the shores of Lake Annecy, between the towns of Doussard and Annecy, is a traffic free cycle route that follows the path of an old railway line. With only…
Circular Hike along La Crête de Taillefer
This is a circular hike along the ridgeline (la crête) of the Taillefer, which overlooks Lake Annecy in France. This hike would be very tough with small children, due to…
Camping La Ravoire
Camping La Ravoire is just off the shores of Lake Annecy, towards the Doussard end of the lake. There is a mix of accommodation, from camping pitches, to lodges, to…
Outwell Lantern Prize Draw
Enter our prize draw for a chance to win an Outwell Morion Lantern. UK entrants only. Prize draw ends 23rd June 2019
How to rent a motorhome (or RV) for your family and travel the US
Ever thought about hiring an RV and taking the family on a tour of the US? Here are some tips on how to do it and where to go.
A big shout-out out to all the new active families who recently joined.
If you are a Club Member, remember to log in first before replying so that you earn more Active Family Points. If you want to ask the community of parents something, simply post a question in the Club House.Andrew McKreel posted an update in the group Camping
- Hi Folks, looking for tent advice please. We're a family of 4,including our two kids under 8, and we're planning…
- Gav Grayston replied: Hi Andrew, Welcome to the Camping Group! We have some 6 person tents we've looked at and rated here: https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/product-category/camping-gear/tents/?pa_sleeps=sleeps-6…
- David Mulholland replied: Hi Andrew, I'm in the same position as you - heading camping with a young family for the first time…
- If you like camping in Europe, we will be soon publishing details and a video of an excellent campsite we've…
Latest chat on "Kidcampz: Making a Den / Tent / House / whatever you can think of!"Join the chat!
- Tom Rogers says "Hi Sally I would be very interested in buying this if your still selling it. Please text me on 07547…" Read more and reply