Park Hall is a great family day out on the farm.
Park Hall in Shropshire is a great day out on the farm for the family. It includes hands on with animals and junior quad bikes.
Voted national farm attraction of the year.
Park Hall Animals
Milking the Cows
As you would expect, the farm has cows.
A demonstration of hand milking is at every day at 1pm, where you may even have a go. You can also see machine milking at 1:15pm.
Ever thought of having a pig as a pet? Pig petting is at 12:30 and 3:30 pm, where you can meet the large New Zealand bread pigs.
They also have a pasture of racing pigs.
Horses and Ponies
Get some hands on grooming experience. Park Hall has both Shetland Ponies and heavier farm horses.
Pony grooming is at 11:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm.
Large horses are at 11:15 am, 1:30 pm, and 2:45 pm.
Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
Park Hall has a small animal centre where children can get hands on with Guinea Pigs and many different breeds of rabbits.
We visited in Spring at Easter, and there were of course many baby lambs, and quite fittingly, baby chicks as well.
Other Activities at Park Hall
As well as the animals, Park Hall Countryside Experience provides other activities for the kids.
- Warren Play Barn – An indoor play barn, with ropes, slides, punchbags, etc.
- Bouncy Castles – two castles set inside
- Toy Tractors – let the little ones drive round in toy pedal tractors
- Monkey Business Play Area – An adventure playground, but in a barn, so the kids can enjoy even if it rains.
- Crazy Farm Adventure – an outside adventure playground which is set out like an assault course
- Woodland Adventure Play Area – another play area
- Play Village – a collection of playhouses for the younger visitors
- Nature Trail – take a gander through the Sycamore Wood
- Driving School – Kids get a chance to drive on a road layout, complete with traffic lights (£1.80 for 7 minutes).
- Kids Landrover Experience – Children get to drive a small 4×4 Landrover off road (ages 6-14. Drivers £2.50. Passengers £1)
- Junior Quad Biking – let them loose off road on small quad bikes (subject to season and weather. 6-14 years. £7.50 for 10 minutes; £12 for 20 minutes).
- Barrel Train – Kids get towed along behind a tractor in barrels…ok, each barrel has wheels and seat belt.
- Mechanical Diggers – let the kids have a go at shifting sands with a digger. (£1)
As you can see, there’s quite a lot to occupy the kids at Park Hall. There’s also a few museums, such as the Victorian Museum and School and a reproduction Iron Age roundhouse.
There’s a Tea Room on site as well if you didn’t bring refreshments with you.
Watch the video for more info.
Park Hall Map
Click on the map below to view all the attractions.
Park Hall Opening Times
Open weekends only until 29th March from 10 am to 4 pm.
Open daily from 30th March – 30th September, 10 am to 5 pm.
Park Hall Family Ticket
You can actually purchase a family ticket to this attraction in advance on-line.
The family ticket is for 2 Adults and 2 Children, plus £5 voucher off activities (such as junior quad biking, junior landrover, or driving school). Children under 2 are free.
[ticket_info post_id=”9913″ layout=”udesign”]
Getting to Park Hall Farm
Park Hall countryside experience is located outside Oswestry in Shropshire, and is well sign posted.
Put SY11 4AS into your Sat Nav.
What’s in the area?
Be in the know!
Join thousands of other parents and receive our regular newsletter containing a round up of the latest articles, days out, campsites, and reviews for helping you get your family outside and active.