Distant Horizons provide family friendly outdoor activities in the beautiful Lake District.
Anyone from the age of 4 up can get involved. All technical equipment is provided.
Some of the family activities they do include:
- Explore the Lake District by Water with an organised Kayak or Canoe tour.
- Have a go at raft building. How far will your family’s raft make it?
- Why not have a go at Gorge Walking, or Ghyll Scrambling as it is known in these parts. This is what we did with Distant Horizons.
- Test your metal with some cliff jumping or abseiling.
- The Lake District is a perfect place for a but of Rock Climbing.
- If the weather is too bad, you can also do indoor climbing and abseiling.
- Want to keep your feet firmly on the ground? You can also do family archery with Distant Horizons.
- …or how about crate stacking? How high can your family build a tower before it topples over.
And if you’ve not found a place to stay in the Lake District, Distant Horizons also do accommodation and activity packages.
Here’s a video from Distant Horizons showing some of their family activities.
We went out Gorge Walking with Distant Horizons. They were really good. Distant Horizons gets the thumbs up from us.
Getting in Touch with Distant Horizons
Here's how you can get in contact with Distant Horizons.
Where to find Distant Horizons
Sat Nav Postcode: CA11 0JJ
Leeming Farm Watermillock Ullswater Penrith Cumbria CA11 0JJ.[divider_top]
Be in the know!
Join thousands of other parents and receive our regular newsletter containing a round up of the latest articles, days out, campsites, and reviews for helping you get your family outside and active.