Some campsites have very little facilities; others have lots.
Well this campsite has a theme park!
Drayton Manor Campsite
Drayton Manor Campsite is run by the Camping and Caravanning Club. You can stay at this campsite even if you aren’t members of the Camping and Caravanning Club.
This is a really good campsite. Here are some of the things we liked about it.
- Extremely friendly and helpful staff.
- The campsite was maintained to a high standard.
- Very good facilities, including free showers and WiFi signal throughout the site (small charge applies).
- Focus on families even in the facilities, such as a baby and parent shower facility even in the men’s changing rooms, and a child friendly step at the sinks.
- A good play park (which was always busy – plus you may be able to get a pitch right by it to keep an eye on the kids).
- Lots of grass pitches and hard standings, as well as EHU and non-EHU pitches.
- A trail for the kids to explore and a separate area for ball games.
- Lots of info about the area.
- Information and maps for Drayton Manor (including a Thomas the Tank Engine book of short stories).
- A discount for eating at Drayton Manor hotel or you could even order a Chinese or Indian takeaway that can be delivered to the campsite.
Drayton Manor Theme Park
Drayton Manor shouldn’t need much of an introduction, but if you are not aware it, here are a few things about it…
- As well as rides for bigger people, there’s plenty for smaller people and those in between!
- It’s home to Thomas Land. This is not just a few branded rides, but a theme park in its own right.
- You can catch the Thomas the Tank Engine train from Thomas Land to the back of the zoo, where there’s another part of Thomas Land, including the Thomas Model Railway used from the television series.
- Don’t forget the zoo. It’s not the biggest of zoos, but it’s not small either. There’s also a dinosaur trail.
- There’s plenty of places to eat within Drayton Manor. We were surprised that the food wasn’t as expensive as some other theme parks we’ve visited.
Making the most of your stay
We recommend that you book your stay with Drayton Manor Campsite for Friday and Saturday night if you want to do it in a weekend.
You must vacate your campsite pitch by noon.
If the campsite has space, you may be able to arrange with the staff to leave your car and trailer somewhere at the campsite on the Sunday. Alternatively there is a large car park just outside the campsite.
If you don’t want to spend two days at Drayton Manor theme park, Julian, the campsite manager, recommended visiting Ash End House Children’s Farm, that is just down the road from the campsite.
- Motor Homes
- Pets Allowed
- Electric Hook-up
- Chemical Disposal
- Internet Access
- On-site Shop
- Play Park
Getting in Touch with Drayton Manor Campsite
Here's how you can get in contact with Drayton Manor Campsite.
Where to find Drayton Manor Campsite
Sat Nav Postcode: B78 3SA
Latitude: 52.6080818, Longitude: -1.7057089
Drive into Drayton Manor theme park. Follow on past the Drayton Manor hotel and follow the signs for the Camping and Caravanning Club campsite.
Drayton Manor Camping and Caravanning Club, Drayton Manor, near Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 3SA.Show on Google Maps Show on OS Maps
Other Places Nearby
Be in the know!
Join thousands of other parents and receive our regular newsletter containing a round up of the latest articles, days out, campsites, and reviews for helping you get your family outside and active.