If you like Chinese style food, then you’ll like this campfire stir fry. Cook with a BBQ wok over a campfire or BBQ.
Don’t just cook burgers over a campfires or BBQ. After a while, this gets a little boring. So here’s something a little different to try.
I bought a BBQ Wok (Click here to find BBQ Woks).
Unlike normal woks, BBQ Woks have holes in. “How’s that going to work?” was my first thought!
The holes allow you to char grill food over a BBQ or campfire. So it’s really a cross between a Wok and a grill.
Making Campfire Stir Fry
This is really simple and similar to cooking at home.
- If you are including any meats, you will want to start cooking them first over the campfire or BBQ
- Chop your veggies into large chunks. Anything small will fall through the holes.
- Add contents to Wok and cook over fire or BBQ (we used a BBQ, which was already setup).
- Every now and then stir the contents of the work. You should see the food getting char grilled.
- Meanwhile, cook some noodles. We used the type that just needed rehydrating in hot water – another easy to cook food when camping.
- Once everything has cooked, pour into a bowl with the noodles.
- Add seasoning/sauce and mix together. We used a Chow Mien sauce that you just poured over the food.
This was really easy to make and something a bit different to eat when camping.
The stir fry still had that campfire/BBQ char grilled taste, so it didn’t feel out-of-place when eating around the campfire.
Despite my first reservations about the holes, the BBQ Wok did the job perfectly, and is now a great addition to our camping kitchen.
Get the Family Camping Planner
Enter your name and email address and we'll send you the family camping planner.