I take the Easy Camp Energy 200 Compact on a bikepacking trip. And the weather wasn't the best.
I've been planning this bikepacking trip for a while.
I was going with my lad, but last-minute changes (teenagers have a busy social life) meant I was doing this solo - and just as well, as the weather was horrific for summertime.
Watch the video to see what happens!
The tent I took was the Easy Camp Energy 200 Compact, which has a neat design for bikepacking.
At the time of writing, you can get this tent for just under £50 from a couple of camping shops. That's an amazing bargain!
This is a summer 1-season tent, and really just for occasional use.
It's an ideal budget tent with plenty of features to try summer adventure camping.
It's an ideal budget tent with plenty of features to try summer adventure camping
Packing onto the Bike
The tent fits neatly to your handlebars, with the poles on the bike frame.
Unfortunately, the suspension on my mountain bike meant I couldn't take my panniers.
I always want the bike to take the weight rather than me, but that wasn't the case this time, and I took my large hiking rucksack.
I didn't need to take all that stuff... but I had bought some new gear to bring and test. Oh, and a couple of beers. 😉
This is a back-to-basics campsite. It's almost wild camping but with the convenience of water on tap (one tap) and some toilets (composting toilets).
Other useful links
- Rechargeable Mini-Pump (still reviewing) https://amzn.to/3Y8LB7c
- Tent Meals https://amzn.to/3O7dUP3
- FirePot Meal https://amzn.to/3KiCYBr
- BioLite HeadLamp 750 https://amzn.to/3Oeq6gG
- Delta Ground Anchors https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/reviews/delta-ground-anchors Use the code GOWTK10 at the checkout for 10% off the Delta Ground Anchors.
- Sea to Summit Dry Bag: https://amzn.to/3Oh9Vzg
- Robens Air Impact 25 Sleeping Mat https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/reviews/robens-air-impact-25-lightweight-self-inflating-mat
- Robens Spur 250 Sleeping Bag https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/reviews/robens-spur-250-sleeping-bag
- Outwell Memory Pillow https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/reviews/outwell-memory-pillow-review
- Easy Camp Tarp https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/camping/camping-tips/how-to-keep-the-rain-off-using-a-camping-tarp-kit
- Robens Fire Moth Stove https://www.getoutwiththekids.co.uk/reviews/robens-fire-moth-system-review-the-good-and-the-bad