- Fires Allowed
- Pets Allowed
Pitches and Accommodation
Here are some family friendly campsites in Powys at the heart of Wales.
Powys covers a huge area, and there’s plenty to see and do there, as it ranges from the Brecons in the south to Snowdonia National Park in the North.
Llyn Coed Y Dinas Nature Reserve:
Here at Cosy Under Canvas we are excited to be offering new Family Bushcraft Weekends this spring run by James and Lea from The Woodland Classroom
Share and enjoy a new experience. Learn traditional bushcraft skills together on day 1 and leave the kids to it to take time out for yourselves on day 2. Explore, create and play with interesting family led activities in our woodland.
What will you do?
Day 1, Family Bushcraft:
• Whittling, splitting firewood and creating woodland crafts.
• Explore and forage for woodland greens to share with fellow guests at the evening Hangi cook out, a traditional method of bushcraft cooking.
• Dig out and build the Hangi and make cooking frames for the campfire.
• Learn how to build an overnight shelter: sleeping in it is an option for the brave!
• Create woodland crafts from willow, grass and reeds to take home.
• After dark, enjoy music and stories round the campfire and learn about the stars.
• The tasty campfire lunch and Hangi dinner are included.
Day 2, Operation Wild Child:
• Today is all about the kids. It’s a day of fun and adventure for the younger family members. Think woodland games, tracking and stalking, woodcraft, wild food and den building.
• Adults are welcome too or can escape for a few hours of child free peace!
• A tasty campfire lunch is included for all those who stay.
The price includes:
• Three nights accommodation in one of our cosy or spacious domes
• Two days of fully supervised bushcraft as detailed above
• Lunch and dinner on day 1
• Lunch on day 2
• All equipment, props and tools
Just £50 per person plus accommodation costs.
Total from £595 for a family of four.
Please note: these events are not organised or run by Get Out With The Kids. For further details and enquiries about an event, please click on the event's More Details button to visit the event's web page and direct enquiries to the event organiser. We are not able to respond to enquiries about events.
The links to the events take you to another website. We are not responsible for the content on those other websites.